Hello friends! I am trying hard to stay afloat with the year-end craziness. I have seven days left! So between packing up my classroom (again), report cards, baseball season, my baby graduating kindergarten, etc. Life is a little busy. I was so excited to see this summer linky. Okay, but before I begin my summer top ten, did you notice something different about my blog. Megan from Bird in Hand Designs worked her magic. I am in love with it!!
Okay, back to my summer top ten. Here is what is I am hoping to accomplish this summer.
1. First stop for our family is Sunriver, Oregon. We always head up there right when school gets out. It’s a great family place, with so many outdoor things to do. It’s a great way to kick off the summer.
2. I plan to hang out by and in our pool a lot.
3. Read. This is the time of year that I love to read for myself. I don’t have anything in particular I am wanting to read. In all honestly, I have been so busy I haven’t started my summer reading list. Any suggestions?
4. Vegas Baby!! I’m going to the I Teach 1st and TPT conference in July. I’m excited to meet some new friends and learn new things.
5. Play tennis. I used to lay tennis in high school and our family has been playing more and I am hoping to find a summer league to play in.
6. Work on our “summer list.” I always make up a fun summer list for my son and I to do. I have it developed poster size from Costco and hang it up. We try to do something from it daily. Somethings are simple, like sidewalk chalk or bake cookies. Other items take a bit more planning, but my son loves it.
7. Painting- I would like to do a little painting in our house. We have those handprint marks all along the wall from when our son was learning how to walk. I dreaming big if I actually think I will accomplish this, but at least I am thinking about it!
8. Disneyland- I am hoping we will make a trip to the magical place in August sometime. We get a longer summer due to our new school being built. I am hoping to take full advantage of our long summer.
9. Unpacking a new classroom. As I have mentioned, our school is being rebuilt. My whole classroom is being boxed up and put into storage, so come August I get to unpack it all and set it up. I am so excite for a new classroom!
10. My favorite thing will be to hang out with my little man. He is growing up so fast and I love that I have summers off to enjoy my time with him.
What are your summer plans? Link up here.