Happy Monday! Boy was it hard to get out of bed today. I am beginning my second full week of school and I think my exhaustion is catching up. I will be happy when the upcoming 3-day weekend arrives!
Today I am linking up with Blog Hoppin’ for teacher week. Today is five fun facts about me, so here you go.
1. Here is my family. I think they are pretty cool. My husband and I will be celebrating our ten year anniversary in a couple of weeks and our son will be 8 a day after our anniversary!
2. I love to shop. That picture of my family above shows why. I live with two boys and they are total boys when it comes to sports obsesses. I am outnumbered. So sometimes I need a break and I just need my mommy time. So shopping it is.
3. I love to travel. Before I was married, I traveled during my summers off from teaching. I have traveled to every continent except Antarctica. My husband and I traveled to Italy for our honeymoon, but really that has been our last international travel we have done. We bought a house, got a dog and then had a kid and that’s where we are now.
BUT, this summer we got our son a passport and renewed ours so things may change!
Here is picture of me in Zimbabwe at a lion rescue center holding an eight week old lion cub.
4. I love coffee. No explanation needed.
5. Last December my world changed when I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 43. I don’t have the breast cancer gene and had no history of breast cancer in my family. It just happened. I am no cancer free and so fortunate that it was caught early #getyourmammogramsyearly
My sweet class last year made me this sweet countdown chain before I went out on medical leave. They wrote notes on each one. It still hangs in my house.
I have to tell you that I have a love/hate relationship with sight words. I love to watch my students learn so many in one year (most if them). I love all of the different activities you can do to help...