Happy Monday! Boy was it hard to get out of bed today. I am beginning my second full week of school and I think my exhaustion is catching up. I will be happy when the upcoming 3-day weekend arrives!
Today I am linking up with Blog Hoppin’ for teacher week. Today is five fun facts about me, so here you go.
1. Here is my family. I think they are pretty cool. My husband and I will be celebrating our ten year anniversary in a couple of weeks and our son will be 8 a day after our anniversary!
2. I love to shop. That picture of my family above shows why. I live with two boys and they are total boys when it comes to sports obsesses. I am outnumbered. So sometimes I need a break and I just need my mommy time. So shopping it is.
3. I love to travel. Before I was married, I traveled during my summers off from teaching. I have traveled to every continent except Antarctica. My husband and I traveled to Italy for our honeymoon, but really that has been our last international travel we have done. We bought a house, got a dog and then had a kid and that’s where we are now.
BUT, this summer we got our son a passport and renewed ours so things may change!
Here is picture of me in Zimbabwe at a lion rescue center holding an eight week old lion cub.
4. I love coffee. No explanation needed.
5. Last December my world changed when I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 43. I don’t have the breast cancer gene and had no history of breast cancer in my family. It just happened. I am no cancer free and so fortunate that it was caught early #getyourmammogramsyearly
My sweet class last year made me this sweet countdown chain before I went out on medical leave. They wrote notes on each one. It still hangs in my house.
What is all of the buzz about bees? A lot! Bees are so important for our ecosystem but unfortunately some species are endangered. Kids are usually so curious about bugs, so you have instant engagement when you talk about bees! I like to teach the importance of them, and talk about ways we can help them out. There are so many great bee resources out there for teaching these insects and other pollinators. [ 442 more words ]
We had polar animal adventure day in first grade last week. Polar animal adventure day is a theme day we have as a culminating activity for your polar animal unit. We set up six stations and rotated the first graders through them. Each station was about 15 minutes long. Here are the stations we had….