As we head into February, it is time to start thinking about President’s Day. There are some great read-alouds for this time of year. It is also a great time to teach about American Symbols.
President’s Day Books
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps me to build my collection of books so I can share ideas with you. You will never infer a fee or charge for this.
Here are links to the Abraham Lincoln books. The first one is out of print, but so fun for your students. If you can get your hands on it, it is worth it!
- Just Like Abraham Lincoln
- National Geographic Readers: Abraham Lincoln
- My First Biography: Abraham Lincoln
- Abe Lincoln’s Hat
- A Picture Book of Abraham Lincoln
- I Am Abraham Lincoln
- Magic Tree House #47- Abe Lincoln at Last
The George Washington books can be found below.
- A Picture Book of George Washington
- National Geographic Readers: George Washington
- George Washington and the General’s Dog
Here are some other resources for President’s Day or even American Symbols that you may be interested in. Click each one to learn more.